General : -
- How does Your Space work?
- Your Space is the easiest way to simplify and de-clutter your life, you find complete peace of mind with stress-free storage and access at the touch of a button, – and we collect and return when needed.
You simply log in to Your Space account and let us know how many YSD storage boxes you need.
Don’t worry about ordering more, since we only charge for filled boxes. We'll deliver to you custom tamperproof, waterproof, sturdy plastic YSD storage
boxes for you to pack your things in. For every box you can add a title & description and when you are done packing, let us know and we'll collect these
filled boxes. Our team will also click photos, seal them and upload them into your account as a reminder of what’s in each box and take them away
to our secured warehouses with 24hr surveillance. Any time you need something back, simply log in, select the items you want back and let us know
when and where you want them delivered.
We have both open space and closed Self-Storage Units for your personal and business storage. Whether you are relocating,
renovating or reorganizing you can easily rent the space required on monthly basis.
- Where are my things stored?
- We store all items in our hugely secured warehouses with 24 hour security and surveillance. Check out our safety and security measures in
https://www.yourspacedoctor.com/BusinessStorage.aspx. Your Space takes all the hassle out of rented storage facilities by providing pick-ups and deliveries of all your items at the touch of a button,
so there is no need to leave your home or office. In order to ensure that all our client's things are safe and secure, it is also not accessible to the public.
Our Self-Storage units are further lockable and the keys kept with owners themselves, this is added layer of assurance and safety.
- What are our hours of operation?
- Your Space customer service is open from 10:00 to 18:00, Monday to Saturday. We are able to arrange collections and deliveries between 10:00-18:00 Monday to Saturday. For urgent deliveries
/ retrievals there may be surcharges involved. We will be offering even more flexible delivery and pickup windows in the near future - stay tuned!
- Can I pickup and drop things myself?
- Yes. While Your Space steps in as a personal buttler picking up and returning your goods on request at the convenience at your doorstep, you may directly send your items directly to our warehouses, the transportation charges for pickup/drop/return will be reduced from your bill and only charges for rent will be applicable.
- Is there a Your Space mobile app?
- We'll be launching specific iOS and Android apps in the near future.
- What is an YSD storage box?
- Your Space, YSD storage boxes are made from strong plastic, designed specifically to safely store your things.
They are waterproof and have tamper-evident security seals to ensure that your things are always kept sealed and safe until you decide
to open the box again. For your reference, the dimensions in centimeters are 60L x 40W x 32H and we have compiled examples of what a
typical person could store in this box.
- What can I store in an YSD storage box?
- Pretty much anything you need stored with the obvious exceptions being anything perishable, liquids, any illegal substances, explosives, flammable materials, hazardous materials or very fragile or high value items.
Visit non permissible item list to check what you cannot store with us.
You are however responsible for packing your things and ensuring that items are safely wrapped in bubble wrap or packaging paper as necessary.
All items should be carefully packed so that they can be safely transported and stored. In case, you would like us to pack for you,
packing service charges are applicable.
- How do I know how many YSD storage boxes I need?
- Each YSD storage box measures 60L x 40W x 32H (cm). For your reference, we have provided examples on our website of what a typical person can store in an YSD storage box.
You can even order extra YSD storage boxes and we will collect any empty ones along with the full ones. Don't worry, you will only
be charged for those boxes that you actually use. If you have packed your boxes and still need more, just give us a call or order online and we'll
send you more empty YSD storage boxes for you to store your items.
- What happens if I order more YSD storage boxes than I need?
- We actually recommend you to order a couple more YSD storage boxes than you will need just in case you underestimate how much things you want to store. We'll collect all full and empty YSD storage boxes together and we'll only charge you for the storage of YSD storage boxes you use.
- Is there a weight limit?
- From a health and safety perspective, it is important that each YSD storage box or any other item does not weigh more than 20kg. Our employees
move a lot of boxes every day and this is an important consideration for them. If you have heavy items such as books, please separate them
into multiple YSD storage boxes. If an YSD storage box is too heavy when we come to collect it, we may ask that the items be split into separate boxes.
- How do I securely close my YSD storage box?
- Ensure everything is well packaged with no items overflowing outside the container. The 2 parts of the lid should interlock and after inspection by YSD team, they will add 2 tamper-evident security locks into the
rectangular hole in the centre at either end of the container to seal it further. You are required to further sign on this seal for more security.
- How long can I keep the empty YSD storage boxes for before they are picked up?
- We ask that you please schedule a collection of your filled YSD storage boxes within 1 week from the date that the YSD storage boxes were
delivered to you. Generally, while ordering empty boxes, you will be required to enter the collection date as well. Once the 1-week period
has passed we will need to charge you as if the YSD storage boxes were in storage.
- Will you open my YSD storage boxes?
- No. Each box is packed and sealed with our tamper-evident seals and we won't open them. However, if in the rare case that we suspect there
is something dangerous, illegal or smelly inside or if required by any government or regulatory authority by way of demand or order we may
need to open the container. In such case we will do our best to inform you about any such requisition as soon as possible.
- How do I view my items stored at your warehouse?
- Simple, just log in to Your Space account and click on 'My storage' to view all that is stored with us along with their photos
and any descriptions that you may have provided.
- What happens if I change my mind and send back all my YSD storage boxes empty without storing them?
- In the case that you have ordered and then do not have any full YSD storage boxes to store with us, we'll have to charge you 249 INR per box that is the transportation cost of delivering and then collecting the empty YSD storage boxes from you.
- How much do Your Space YSD storage boxes cost?
- Use of our YSD storage boxes is totally free when storing items with us. You can keep empty YSD storage boxes for up to 7 days, after which we'll charge you as if the YSD storage boxes were stored with us. If you wish to purchase our packaging brown corrugated boxes (18" * 18"), we'll charge you 129 INR per box. We are soon coming up with our Box Shop experience which will be one stop shop for items all related to packing.
- What is the YSD Space Plan?
- Yes we also provide storage by square feet, for the items that cannot be stored in a box. Our size variants are in multiples of
8 sq. ft. (2 x 4sq. ft.) To check what space you will require, check our Space Calculator.
- What is flexible rent?
- We provide minimum 8 sq.ft. of storage space (2 x 4 sq.ft.), with height of 8 ft. so as to fit all your larger items-vertically and
minimize your space requirement. You can order as much space in multiple of 8sq.ft space thereof on a monthly rental basis. Incase,
your storage space decreases with removal of items, we even decrease your storage rent (in multiples of 8 sq.ft.). So you pay only for the space you use. You can
also estimate the space required with our Space Calculator.
Self Storage Units
- What is Self-Storage Lockable Units?
- We offer personal storage units, business storage units and vehicle storage units. If you're relocating, renovating or reorganizing
we have personal storage units available so you can easily store furniture & family keepsakes or equipments. For professionals, we offer
business storage units where you can secure and easily access your supplies, file cabinets, documents and office furniture. To protect
your automobiles we also have vehicle storage at few locations. Just give us a call or stop by.
- What are your unit sizes?
- Our storage sizes range from small, medium to large units. You may choose the unit suitable to you after inspection.
- What happens if I need more or less space after I move in?
- Believe it or not, it happens to the best of us. The first thing you need to do is contact the warehouse manager, so they
can check availability of other sizes in the facility. If the size you want to change to is available, they will assist you in the transition.
- Do you have climate-controlled units?
- Yes. Our locations offer climate-controlled storage units upon request, which maintain a set temperature range to protect your
belongings from the extremes of cold, heat and humidity. When you need to store electronics, photos, artwork, or other family goods
that may be affected by extreme temperatures, climate-controlled units are the way to go.
- I need storage supplies. What supplies do you offer?
- Our rental office has storage supplies of all types. From small to medium to extra-large and wardrobe boxes,
we have something just right for your storage needs. We also have bubble wrap and tape to keep everything inside
the box from shifting and shaking while you're moving. Need a heavy-duty lock for your unit? We have those too.
- Do I have to sign a long-term storage contract?
- No. Self-storage rentals is done on a month-to-month basis, and you can even pay your monthly rent online.
- I need to access my storage unit at off times. When can I access my unit?
- You can access your storage unit during the operation hours (10:00 to 18:00, Monday to Saturday). The hours are posted
online and at the storage facility. If you need assistance beyond the operational hours, please get in touch with our customer
service and we will be happy to help. A service charge may be levied in that case.
- What kind of security features do you offer at your storage properties?
- We are committed to keeping your belongings safe. We feature CCTV-surveillance cameras, regular pest control, fire safety equipment
and biometric access to provide a secure, stress-free storage experience. Individual unit locks are available for purchase to add another
layer of security.
- What items are prohibited in a self-storage unit?
- You may not store any items that are explosive, flammable, odorous, hazardous, corrosive or perishable. These items can include food,
drinks, fireworks, propane tanks, chemicals, etc. If you feel you have an item that may be classified as prohibited but are unsure,
please contact the site manager for clarification.
- It's time for me to move out. What do I need to do?
- We're sorry to see you go. Here's what you need to do. We require at least 10 days written or verbal notice to our call center support team.
Make sure everything has been moved out of your storage unit before your scheduled move-out date and the lock has been removed.
Once the property manager has inspected the unit, the unit will be officially vacant. Please keep us in mind the next time you need self-storage unit.
- Do I need self storage insurance?
- Storage insurance is highly recommended, though not required, to protect the value of your belongings. The amount of coverage you need depends on what you will be storing in the unit. While we take precautions to provide a clean, dry and secure environment to store your property, we are not responsible for damage, you can purchase insurance required from us or you can even check with your personal insurance provider.
Deliveries & Collections
- How can I get my things back?
- Simple, just log in to Your Space account and select the boxes in the 'Things with you' section and click on 'schedule return'.
- What’s your coverage area?
- We are currently in Mumbai, Pune and Vadodara, However, we are soon launching pan-India, so you need not worry.
We will collect boxes/items from every nook and corners of this country.
- How much advance notice do you need?
- Bookings made before 3PM can be arranged between 9AM and 1PM the next day. Bookings made by 9AM can be arranged between 1PM and 6PM the same day.
Our team will be in touch with you and keep you updated.
- Where will your driver collect my items?
- We try to offer as much convenience as possible and our drivers have a very busy schedule of deliveries and collections every day.
We therefore ask for items to be ready for inspection by our team before we seal the boxes. You are however responsible to ensure proper parking space for the pickup and that we are allowed to use the elevators. There may be a certain surcharge incase of absence of elevator.
- Can I get my things delivered to a different address?
- Absolutely. Please quote your Return request no and send an email to our customer service with the new contact address and we'll deliver them there. If you want them to be delivered to another person, please enter their information. For the delivery, make sure they have a photo ID on them so that we can ensure that your things are being delivered to the correct person. Also, there may be a surcharge if the new delivery address is beyond city limits.
- How and when do I pay for storage and deliveries?
- We have fully automated billing integrated into our system, which means you don't need to worry about paying an invoice manually every month. You will be required to enter your credit/debit card (Visa or MasterCard) /Net Banking, details through Your Space account when placing an order with us. We will then bill you on a for all storage and service charges according to the plan taken. Business users that require invoices to be issued, please contact us.
- What other fees should I be aware of?
- We provide free delivery of empty YSD storage boxes and free collection of full YSD storage boxes, absorbing the transportation costs and most road fees. Where we must incur parking fees in order to arrange deliveries or collections, those fees will be added to your bill. Urgent delivery or collection requests may be subject to a surcharge.
- Are the things I store with Your Space insured?
- Yes. Each YSD storage box is automatically insured for 25,000 INR and each minimum space plan of 8 sq. ft. (2 x 4 sq. ft) is insured for 25,000 INR. Higher insurance coverage can be requested by giving us a call or sending us an email. Please review our terms and conditions for more details regarding insurance and how claims would be handled.
There are regular promotional offers which you can avail as well.
- What are the minimum requirements?
- We only require our customers to store at least 1 YSD storage box with us for 1 month.
For space, we require you to book 8 sq.ft ( 2x 4sq. ft.) minimum. for at least 1 month
For Self-Storage units, we require you to book minimum. for at least 1 month.
- What happens if I order my items back within 1 month of putting them in storage?
- We do not prorate months for storage. If you have your items returned before the next billing cycle you will not be charged for the following month. If you arrange a return within a billing cycle, you will be charged for that whole month but not the next.
- What happens if I miss a payment?
- While we understand there may be unforeseen circumstances that lead to a delay in payment, it is always best to contact us as soon as possible so that we can do our best to avoid having to charge you unnecessarily. We will otherwise be required to impose fees for delinquent payments after a few reminders. Please refer to our terms and conditions for any fee applicable under Annexure A, for any failed deliveries or collections.
- What happens if I cancel or change a collection or delivery or if I am not available to receive it?
- It is always best to contact us as soon as possible so that we can do our best to avoid having to charge you unnecessarily. Please refer to our terms and conditions for any fee applicable under Annexure A, for any failed deliveries or collections.